Formerly Manukau Festival of Arts, the Southside Arts Festival 2011 starts next week from 14 October to 6 November. The festival provides an exciting platform to showcase the creative excellence of artists and promote the innovation in arts that is unique to Auckland South.
The festival is taking place at a wide variety of venues throughout the region with over 30 diverse and exciting arts events on offer including theatre, music, fashion, dance, film, sculpture, visual arts and community events. Check out their website here, Like them on Facebook and follow on Twitter.
Kicking off Southside Arts Festival is Cult Couture 2011 on Saturday 15 October.
Be transported to a magical world of premier fashion!
An evening of sartorially inspired spectacle, the Cult Couture fashion awards combine theatre, music, dance and an array of show-stopping fashion that you can’t afford to miss!
The show will take its audience through the cultural flavours of Aotearoa whilst being entertained by some of New Zealand’s leading artists.
If you live in New Zealand you have a chance to WIN 10 VIP TICKETS TO CULT COUTURE 2011!
TelstraClear Pacific is giving away 10 VIP tickets to Aotearoa’s sexy, scintillating and premiere fashion show Cult Couture 2011!
Hosted by Tina Cross and featuring entertainment from Ardijah, Royal Family Dance Crew, Taisha and Pacificka, Nga Reo, Front Row Choir and more, Cult Couture 2011 will be an evening of dance, theatre, music and an array of show-stopping fashion judged by New Zealand’s fashion-elite, Dan Awha, fashion editor Canvas Magazine, Tina Moore, editor REMIX Magazine, Ngahuia Williams, Model & Director of NModel Management and Francis Hooper, Fashion Designer for World.
All you have to do is to strike a pose, take a photo or video of you and your mates describing why you are the Perfect TEN to receive VIP passes to the fashion show.
Ten tickets will be given away, and you will be picked up and brought home by a 10 seater ultra stretch limousine!
1. Perfect TEN is open to participants to a group of ten individuals of males and/or females 18-35 years old.
2. The Promotion Period began last September, and entries close at midnight on Monday 10th October 2011.
3. Competitiors are to submit the photo or video of the whole group showing why they’re the Perfect 10 to receive the 10 tickets to the event. The organisers are looking for the most creative, fun, fashionable or adventurous group! Enter your details in the Drew and Shannon webpage at www.four.co.nz or click here
4. Competitors’ photos and videos will be posted online on TelstraClear Pacific Event Centre’s Facebook account and are encouraged to have their friends “like” their photos.
5. Winners to be announced on October 11, 2011, 3.00pm.
6. Winners to be picked up/returned at one meeting point in Auckland by a stretch limo to attend Aotearoa’s premiere fashion event, Cult Couture 2011 Fashion Design Awards Show!
So glam up, get 10 of your best mates and be VIPs for a night at Cult Couture 2011!
Cult Coutour 2011
When: 8pm, Saturday 15 October 2011
Where: TelstraClear Pacific Events Centre, 770 Great South Road, Manukau City, South Auckland, New Zealand
Price: $20. (Booking and service fee may apply)
Bookings: www.ticketdirect.co.nz or 0800 4 Ticket (0800 4842538)
Southside Arts Festival 2011
14 October to 6 November 2011
South Auckland, New Zealand
Cult Couture 2011 Fashion Design Awards is presented by Auckland Council and is sponsored by TelstraClear Pacific Events Centre, Schnips, Smashbox and Overland.
Source and images: Southside Arts Festival